The Colnbrook School Outreach Service
- Colnbrook School is the County selected special school offering Outreach support to all mainstream primary and secondary schools within DSPL 9 (Watford, Rickmansworth, Bushey and Radlett).
- We work with schools by focusing on child-centred approaches that can apply to both primary and secondary settings.
- We can support children with a range of additional needs or a diagnosis that impacts on their learning. Pupils do not need to have a diagnosis or an EHCP to access our support.
- Outreach support can include:-
- Pupil focused support
- School focused support
- Inreach (visits to Colnbrook)
Please see the following leaflet for further details.Outreach leaflet
To access the Outreach Service, please complete the Referral Form and return to Clare Slack (Outreach Manager) via Schools FX: firstname.lastname@example.orgReferral form
Recent feedback from schools
Colnbrook Outreach are quick to respond to referrals. They talk through the learning profile of the child and then take part in observations of the child. This means that the staff are better placed to offer advice; many other services simply talk the child through which does not always afford the same great impact.
Colnbrook Outreach is without a doubt one of the most beneficial services, to teachers, support staff and children, currently available within the area. Colnbrook Outreach service supports some of our most vulnerable children to reach their potential in mainstream settings.
I have attended various courses, training and meetings at Colnbrook (and online) and always find the staff to be friendly, welcoming and supportive. Together with this they have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share as well as practical strategies and advice