Colnbrook's Family Support Worker
My name is Jane Hook and I am the Family Support Worker for Colnbrook School.
As a parent/carer of children with special educational needs, you may be looking for extra support for your child or for yourself as a carer. You might be looking for someone to talk to who can listen non-judgementally. My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. As a parent of a child with SEN myself, I have experienced many of the challenges you may face navigating the SEN world.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them.
Support for families includes:
- emotional and wellbeing support
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area, including social care, respite and organisations that support children with learning difficulties
- supporting families to get the help they need by liaising with external services
- assisting with completing paperwork and forms
- advice on benefits and financial support
How to get in touch:
I am based in school every Monday from 9.00am – 3.30pm.
Please call the school office on 0204 428 1281 to make an appointment.
I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org