Vision, Ethos and Aims
At Colnbrook School, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to reach their full potential, no matter what their starting point is. We provide an environment that inspires creativity and achievement to develop and support learning.
The key terms of, ‘ready, safe, kind’, underpin everything that we do at Colnbrook School. We teach these attributes in every situation, whether in the classroom, on the playground or travelling on the bus.
At Colnbrook School we aim to:
- Provide a stimulating, secure and happy learning environment with equal opportunities for all children
- Develop intellectual, creative and physical skills to reach the child’s full potential
- Assess, record and report on the progress of children to celebrate individual achievement
- Provide a differentiated curriculum which takes into account the individual needs of our children
- Encourage social and emotional growth by fostering positive relationships
- Develop children's individuality and sense of identity while ensuring that all children have equal opportunities regardless of gender, race or individual needs
- Develop children's self-esteem while encouraging children to take a degree of responsibility for their learning
- Create a welcoming community that offers positive support to all those who are involved with the school
- Adopt learning activities that are planned to enable all children to make progress, and for all to experience success
- Ensure that all staff have high expectations of the children in all areas of the curriculum -including behaviour, work and attitude
- Work in partnership with the parents/carers in the education of their children
- Provide support and guidance for all staff and encourage staff to understand the pivotal role that they play in the education of the children in our school
- To promote British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect & tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.