The Colnbrook School Outreach Service
The service supports schools with their inclusion programmes for pupils through:
Casework/Pupil support will be appropriate for:
- Individual pupils who have learning difficulties and are working well
below age related expectation, often in the P scales. Many pupils will
have an EHC plan/statement.
- Pupils with a range of additional needs or a diagnosis that impacts on
their ability to access the curriculum.
Casework/pupil support may include:
- Observations of the pupil in class.
- Support for teachers and assistants when adapting the curriculum
- Advice and visual behaviour strategies.
- Work alongside teachers to support them with planning for
- Creation of and sharing the use of resources for individual pupils.
- An in-reach session to Colnbrook School where staff can spend time in
a classroom and in our well stocked resource room.
Inset/School focus consultations may include:
- Advice on whole school approaches, differentiation and planning for
pupils with SEN.
- Advice on resources, equipment and materials.
- Whole school staff meetings, tailored to the schools training needs.
- School staff attending training at Colnbrook School.
- The loan of resources from our resource bank.
- Un-named pupil sessions.
- SENCo support – advice session to discuss the service and referrals.
For further information please contact
Supporting the Inclusion of Pupils with Learning Difficulties in Mainstream Schools
All providers use the same County guidelines as set down in the new Service Level Agreement.
Colnbrook School is a primary school for pupils with Learning Difficulties. We also specialise in meeting the needs of pupils with Speech Language and Communication Needs and those with Autism.
All Outreach teachers are outstanding teachers with Mainstream and special school experience. Outreach training has also been undertaken by all of the outreach teachers.